Things to Do in Indy for Spring Break Vacation
It’s that time of year again. Spring break is almost here. As students and families get ready to plan their vacation, we are here to help you plan a unique Spring Break getaway.
Downtown Indianapolis offers all the same types of party spots that South Beach features, but Indy has so much more (and may be easier on your wallet). There are tons of things to do in Indianapolis that make it a top Spring Break vacation destination.
For the Cultural Collegiate
- Cultural Trail – Links all 6 cultural districts of Indianapolis. Walk or ride using the Pacers Bikeshare
- Open artist studios and galleries of Fountain Square (The first Friday of every month)
- Monument Circle – The Soldiers & Sailors Monument is only 15 feet shorter than the Statue of Liberty. It offers a breathtaking, Instagram-worthy picture of downtown.
For the Musically Inclined
- Howl at the Moon – Dueling piano bar
- Concerts at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- March 11th – Ariana Grande
- March 22nd – Bon Jovi
- March 29th – Stevie Knicks
- Friday Swing Dance at Fountain Square Theater – Take lessons and dance to live big band music an hour later!
For the Sports Nut
- High Velocity – JW Marriott’s own sports bar; home of the 24-ounce draft special on Indians game days
- Comedy Sportz – Competitive improv comedy
- NCAA Hall of Champions
- Pacers games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Indians Games at Victory Field starting in April
For the Party Animal
- Slippery Noodle Inn – Indiana’s oldest bar with live music every night!
- Plat 99 of the Alexander Hotel – Both a mixology lounge and a work of art. Mixologists will create a unique cocktail tailored to your individual personality
- Tastings – A wine experience like no other. They have over 200 wines in stock, the largest in the world! Their entire selection is available by 2-ounce tastes so you can try them all (Just not in one night!)
- Rathskeller – An authentic German beer hall experience
- Indy Brew Bus – Visit multiple craft breweries
Stay Downtown at JW Marriott
One of JW Marriott’s double rooms would be perfect for you and three friends to share during Spring Break. Each spacious room features:
- Two queen-sized beds
- High speed internet so you can post pictures from your previous night out on the town
- Coffee maker to help you wake up in the morning
- Work desks for any last-minute studying
- Luxurious terry bathrobes to lounge in before going out
- 24-hour room service
- Valet laundry service
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, JW Marriott is in the perfect spot to quickly access all your spring break activities. Additionally, the hotel connects via sky bridge to downtown’s enclosed skywalk system. Make JW Marriott and Indy your pick for Spring Break and a vacation you’ll never forget.