You work hard all year, which makes precious time off all the sweeter. Labor Day weekend in Indy is the perfect place to celebrate summer’s end with great food, a festival, the arts, good wine, and tons of fun for all ages.
Stay Steps to Labor Day Events
The JW Marriott Indianapolis is located in the heart of downtown, near countless places to spend an entire day and get lost in amusement. All the best Indy Labor Day events are just steps from our front door.
- Indy LaborFest – Downtown Indianapolis transforms into a huge, admission-free, street festival on Saturday, September 2nd from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with food, live bands, a beer zone, and even a kid’s zone with bounce houses, slides, games, face painting, and a zip line. Last year, there were 20,000 people in attendance!
- Groovin’ in the Garden – Island Breeze: If enjoying live tropical music with excellent wine to sip, taste and revel in sounds more your speed, relax your Labor Day weekend cares away at Easley Winery from 2 – 5 p.m. Seating is limited. Order food from local restaurants or pack a picnic. Located at 205 N. College Ave., Indianapolis (317)636-4516
- Haunted Indian Downtown Ghost Walk – On September 2nd, at 8:30 p.m., take a wild tour. Visit the “wicked backlife of Indianapolis,” including “haunted theatres, businesses, and other areas where the living chose to become dead and walk forever.” Ghosts! The tour lasts nearly 2 hours and will begin on the north side of Monument Circle. Tickets: $18 adults; children/seniors (65+) – $15. Phone (317)232-7615
- Garfield Alive – Historic Walk Through Garfield Park – On September 3rd at 4 p.m., enjoy an hour-long beautiful tour. Meet at Sunken Gardens Overlook. 2432 Conservatory Dr., Indianapolis
- San Francisco Deltas FC vs. Indy Eleven – Get your WNBA ticket to the final game of Indiana’s season on September 2nd at 7 p.m., Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and root for your favorite women’s basketball team. Tickets from $13.
- Devour Indy – From August 21st – September 3rd, there’s a fantastic foodie event. Pick from any of 300 superb restaurants in Indianapolis and take advantage of a rare, three-course, value-priced meal. Our award-winning, Italian “Osteria Pronto” is participating and so is our more casual, “High Velocity.”
- Cabaret – Mandy Gonzalez currently stars in the hottest show on Broadway: Hamilton. She previously starred in The Heights, and also played Elphaba in Wicked. Enjoy an evening of incredible vocals featuring classic Broadway tunes and the Standards on August 31st or September 1st at 8 p.m. (317)639-4534
- Hoosier Salon 2017 Annual Exhibition – Presenting the best of Indiana’s artists at Indiana State Museum, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Sundays at 11 a.m.
- Indianapolis Zoo – Nearby, the incredible Zoo has many exhibits, including the Butterfly Kaleidoscope. 1200 W. Washington St.; www.indianapoliszoo.com
- Pampering – Take advantage of our 24-hour room service, sumptuous bedding, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, Starbucks, superb Osteria Pronto, High Velocity Sports Bar, and much more.